Year 1 - Ducklings
To help your child to make the most progress, please can you:
- Make sure they read regularly at home and record this in their reading record book at least once a week.
- Have their Reading Record and Reading Book in school everyday.
- Ensure they practise their weekly spellings.
- Encourage them to complete their homework each week.
- In Year 1 we will be focusing on counting 2, 5 and 10.
- In Year 2 we will be focusing on the 2, 5, 10 and 3 times tables – any help you could provide to support your child with these at home would be appreciated.
Ducklings Class Information
Class teacher: Miss Tava
P.E and Games
For indoor P.E the children will need; indoor pumps, black shorts and a white T-shirt. For outdoor games the children will need, outdoor trainers, a top and tracksuit. These kits need to be labelled with your child’s name and kept at school at all times. Kit’s will be returned home half termly to be cleaned. Ducklings PE day is on Thursday.
If your child wears earrings for school can you please ensure these are simple studs (no hoops). Due to health and safety regulations these can either be removed by the child for PE lessons or before the children come into school on the day of PE.
Children will be given a set of spellings and some English and Maths homework once every week. Supporting your children with these will help you to be involved with their learning and support it at home. If your child experiences difficulties or there is a reason for not returning homework, please do not hesitate to contact school.
If your child misplaces their homework or spellings they are more than welcome to get another copy.
Friday to be returned before the following Friday
Given out on a Friday to be tested the following Thursday
To be taken home and brought into school daily in order to show progress on the Reading Reward Chart
As part of our Topic – Hello, I’m new here! We talked about our old class and what we had enjoyed. We then shared ideas about how we feel when we go to new places. We discussed what a new child would need help with if they came to our school. Our class then visited places around the school that we had never been to. We went around the school and visited the Staffroom, Year 3, Year 5,Year 6 and the big playground!